Registration of Domain Names in .UA and Other Domains
According to the Law of Ukraine “On the Protection of Rights to Marks for Goods and Services,” a domain name is used for the addressing of computers and resources in the Internet network.
Patent and law agency Vulikh & Vulikh will help you with the domain name registration in the domains .ua, .com, .net, .biz and others.
When choosing a domain name, we advise you to take into consideration the following criteria:
- domain name should be compact and easy to remember;
- domain name is to contain the name of the company or brand;
- domain zone should be chosen taking into account the location of the target audience of the site or the focus of the site (for example, .tv for sites related to television);
- it is advisable to prepare several variants of domain names beforehand, since there is a possibility that the domain you have chosen is already registered.
It should be noted that the domain name system has a hierarchical structure. For example, the website address of our Patent Agency “www.vulikh.com” consists of the following domains:
- com is a domain of the first (top) level;
- vulikh is a second-level domain, which in this case is a domain name;
- www is a third level domain.
When registering a domain name, the Applicant has the right to choose any level convenient for him, but the registration rules may differ depending on the specific domain.
Thus, according to the rules relating to UA domains, a second-level domain name filed for registration is to correspond with the mark for goods and services registered in Ukraine, which is owned by the applicant or which the applicant has the right to use.
Our specialists will help you to understand the nuances of domain name registration, give competent and clear answers to all your questions and provide all necessary services. We are waiting for you!