Patenting of Industrial Designs in Ukraine
Industrial design is a result of human creativity in the sphere of artistic design.
According to the Ukrainian legislation, “a form, picture or colored picture, or their combination”, which determine the appearance of the industrial product, can be used as an object of the industrial design. An industrial design is patentable if it meets the criteria of novelty.
Patent Agency Vulikh & Vulikh provides the full range of services for patenting industrial designs in Ukraine: from identification of the object of patenting, determination of its patentability and preparation of a package of documents for filing Application with the State Patent Office of Ukraine, to obtaining patent and official fees payment for maintaining validity thereof.
Documents which are provided by the client:
- Set of photos with image of the product (or its model or drawing) giving a full image of product appearance.
- Drawings, schemes, if any.
- Industrial design description, if any.
- Full name(s) of the Applicant(s), full name(s) of the author(s) and country code(s).
- Priority document, if any.
- Power of Attorney executed according to the form provided by the Patent Attorney.
The stages of registration of industrial design patent in Ukraine:
Usually, procedure of obtaining patent takes about 7–9 months, but may be speeded up to 3–4 months.
After obtaining patent, its validity is to be maintained by the payment of the established annuities. The validity term of a patent for an industrial design is 25 years.
Our specialists will give competent and clear answers to all your questions and provide all necessary services for the successful patenting of your industrial design in Ukraine and other countries. We are waiting for you!